Not what you're looking for? Try looking at Circus Baby/Disambiguation.
|“||It feels like, my birthday. Did you have a gift for me?||”|
— One of Circus Baby's quotes in Night Terrors.
Circus Baby or simply known as Baby is the main antagonist of Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location and a returning character that appears in Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted and Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 History
- 4 Behavior
- 5 Skins
- 6 Trivia
Circus Baby is a metallic humanoid clown animatronic with reddish orange hair in pigtails, as well as a frilly red crop top with a matching skirt. Her face is white with long, blue eyelashes, rosy cheeks, red lips, and a red nose. Her eyes are a light green and her small eyebrows are a blue color. She appears to have blue pins sticking out of her arms and legs. She also holds a microphone in her left hand, similar to Funtime Freddy. She has a fan with an orange outline around it on her stomach. She is also wearing red jester shoes with little golden bells resting at the tips. She has symmetrical splits along her limbs and face.
Like the other Funtime Animatronics in Sister Location, Circus Baby's endoskeleton consists of a combination of both robotic parts and metal, tube-like wires that are arranged to form what almost looks like a layer of muscle tissue. Like the other Funtime Animatronics, she has five fingers instead of the cartoonish four fingers.
Circus Baby stands at 7.2 ft. tall, shown in her blueprint, making her second tallest animatronic in Sister Location. It also shows on her blueprint that she weighs 585 lbs.
Baby tends to speaks in a soft, lilting voice that almost never raises above a sort of hushed tone. She tends to become distracted by the thought of children, changing tones slightly when using the word. She seems to retain her childlike personality when she couches explanation and talks about birthday parties, ice cream and playing pretend. She seems to be very distraught, confused, and sorrowful due to her situation, while also showing cunningness and manipulative tendencies. In Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery, it is hinted through her vocalizations that she only raises her voice whenever pushed over the edge.
Before Sister Location
Circus Baby is one of the animatronics made by Afton Robotic LLC. She is the main mascot of Circus Baby's Entertainment and Rental, and is an animatronic performer available for rental.
According to the blueprints in Sister Location, the Funtime Animatronics including Circus Baby are made by William Afton as a purpose to kill children. However, things did not go to his plan as Elizabeth, daughter of William, approached Baby when no one is in the room despite her father's warning. As such, Baby had killed Elizabeth, and her soul is trapped inside Baby.
From Sister Location to Pizzeria Simulator
To escape the facility, Circus Baby decided to trick the protagonist of Sister Location, Michael Afton, the son of William. She led him into the scooping room, and "scooped" out all of his organs from his body. Combining with other Funtime Animatronics and formed Ennard, they wore his skin and escaped to the surface, until the skin rotted away, making it unusable.
Some time between Sister Location and Pizzeria Simulator, Circus Baby had a disagreement between other parts of Ennard, and thus is kicked out from the group. Circus Baby then became a standalone animatronic, naming herself Scrap Baby.
In Pizzeria Simulator, Baby is lured into the new Freddy Fazbear's Pizza Place, and eventually is burned along with the whole building and other animatronics. Thus, Elizabeth's soul is released free from Baby.
After Pizzeria Simulator
Circus Baby also makes an appearance in The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience.
FNaF VR: Help Wanted
In the Lolbit level in Dark Rooms Hardmode, several Circus Babys appear as still statues in the room. The player is not allowed to get close to them, or else they will be jumpscared, resulting in game over.
Baby appears in the third Night Terrors level, where the player hides in the closet from her. When Baby sees the player, her eyes will glow red, and the player must hold the closet doors shut when she gets near to prevent her from entering. But the player must also pay attention to the Plush Babies in the closet, which become agitated and eventually kill the player if the closet is closed for too long. Neglecting to close the closet or closing the closet at the wrong time will result in Circus Baby attacking the player.
FNaF AR: Special Delivery
Baby is one of the rarest and most aggressive animatronics that can be encountered in the game, usually only appearing when the player has a streak of about 6-7. She walks around the player and taunts with big, heavy steps. When she haywires, the player must take extra caution not to look her in the eyes at all, or be jumpscared. She will occasionally fake charge at the player, and eventually materialize. When she materializes, the player must quickly shock her to prevent a jumpscare.
In Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery, Circus Baby has a current total of two skins.
Broiler Baby is the first skin for Circus Baby in Special Delivery, and is the second skin for the Sizzling Summer event.
AppearanceBroiler Baby for the most part looks exactly like Circus Baby, except the fact that she is covered in soot and has red eyes instead of green. She also features a large broiler on her stomach, and instead of a microphone, she holds a coal shovel. The inside of her mask also seems to be lit up by a fire.
Heartsick Baby is a Valentines Day themed skin for Circus Baby who arrived on February 4th, 2021. She is Circus Baby's second skin.
AppearanceHeartsick Circus Baby is identical to that of Circus Baby, however all of the formerly red bits have now been colored a very dark pink, while the grey bits turned black. Her cheeks, fan, the buttons on her kneecaps and the orbs on her shoes have all turned into hearts, and all the pins on her arms and legs are replaced with heart-shaped arrows covered in blood. Finally, she carries a large blue bow & arrow, and has two large and torn black wings.
FNaF VR: Help Wanted
- The roaring noise upon closing the closet door when Circus Baby approaches is a stock sound effect, directly taken from the 2014 film Godzilla.
- In the Night Terrors level, Baby's jumpscare sound effect is reused from her minigame in Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location
- The Plushbabies also use this sound effect, only pitched up
- Circus Baby never fully opens her face plates during the duration of the game.
- Circus Baby also never opens her face plates in other games she is present on, with one exception being FNaF AR.
- Circus Baby is one of the multiple Funtime Animatronics who situated in the Bedroom rather than Circus Baby's Entertainment and Rental.
- This game marks the first time Baby's eyes have glowed red, a trend that later games, specifically AR, would carry on.
- All previous games showed Baby's eyes as green or blue.
FNaF AR: Special Delivery
- In Special Delivery, when the player purchases her kit, the balloons surrounding her are a light purple, unlike the other animatronics, whose balloons match the color of their eyes.
- This could be in reference to the fact she was possessed by Elizabeth Afton, the daughter of William Afton. The Afton family is usually represented by the color purple.
- If one looks closer at Broiler Baby's endoskeleton, it appears the the tubes and metal that make it up have melted together.
- Circus Baby was the second character to get a skin for the Sizzling Summer Event . Said skin was also her first in the game.
- Said skin is Broiler Baby.
- Broiler Baby's shop render is brightened up for unknown reasons.
- Oddly, Broiler Baby is commonly referred to as "Oven Baby" in the files.
- This also happens with Frostbite Balloon Boy, who is commonly called "Blizzard Balloon Boy".
- Heartsick Baby is one of the first two skins to release at the same time as another.
- The other being Black Heart Bonnie.
- Black Heart Bonnie & Heartsick Baby are the only skins since the Haunted Forest event to have the same jumpscare and haywire sounds as their normal counterparts.