Exotic Butters is a white/grey gift basket filled with sticks of butter tinted with different light yellow colors. The basket is wrapped with a red ribbon that includes a red bowtie. Its first appearance was in Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location, where the player was given a basket of Exotic Butters as a "gift" in Night 5. Since then, the Exotic Butters has became an ongoing joke throughout the franchise.
Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted
The Exotic Butters is given to the player as one of the final rewards for finishing the game. After collecting all 30 Faz Tokens in the game, the Exotic Butters will appear on the table at the Prize Counter. The butters inside are edible, and eating or throwing away all of them will reveal a secret red button inside the basket. Pressing the button will switch on the TV screen at the Prize Counter and reveal different images (depending on the version of the game), normally teasing something coming soon for the game.
The Exotic Butters also appears as prizes for beating one of the game modes in the game, although not in basket. These butters appear as "Butter for One", a small snack containing the butter that has been packaged, and "Stick of Butter", a stick of butter taken straight from the basket and nothing else.
Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery
Even though it hasn't been found in the game yet, there is an Exotic Butters found in one of the teasers for the game. On the table near Chica, there is a stack of butters placed.
- From the pre-release version, seen in some YouTubers' early access gameplay videos, pressing the red button from the Exotic Butters basket would make the television reveal a slideshow of rather realistic photos of animatronics and endoskeletons from Showbiz Pizza, taken by Aaron Fetcher. However, Scott Cawthon removed the images from the game's final release due to the gamers and fans comparing the images to the actual Showbiz Pizza photos.
- In the game's first release, the television reveals nothing else than statics when clicking on the Exotic Butters basket's button.
- In the third update patch, Lolbit's "PLEASE STAND BY" pop-up was implemented.
- In the update patch released on August 24, 2019, the television reveals the image of the withered animatronics from Five Nights at Freddy's 2, representing as a teaser for the game's huge update that later comes out on September 14, 2019.
- In the Withered update patch mentioned above, the television reveals a mysterious image that looks like a monitor screen with a reaching animatronic arm.
- This was later revealed to be a teaser for the Curse of Dreadbear DLC.
- Some food and drinks, "Bar for One" and "Exotic Beverage", in Help Wanted are possibly referencing the Exotic Butters as well, as if they were made by the same brand.
|General||Achievements • Battery • Cameras • Exotic Butters • Faz Tokens • Flashlight • Freddy Fazbear Mask • Shocker|
|Help Wanted||Prize Counter • Tapes • The Gallery|
|Special Delivery||The Shop • E-Mails • Events • Parts • Remnant • Skins • Player Profile • Workshop • Noise Meter • Photo Booth Mode • XP • Animatronic Encounters|
|Freddy in Space 2||Gems • Power-Ups • Trophies|
|Other||Beta Content • Easter Eggs • Endings • Fazbear Funtime Service • Teasers • The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience • Unused Features • Update Histories • Freddy and Friends: On Tour|