Not what you're looking for? Try looking at Balloon Boy/Disambiguation.
Nightmare Balloon Boy, commonly abbreviated as Nightmare BB, is a minor antagonist in Five Nights at Freddy's 4, who reappears in Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted. He's the nightmarish counterpart of Balloon Boy.
Nightmare Balloon Boy is a fat, nightmarish animatronic child. His skin is pale, and he has a wide head, with rosy cheeks, a red nose, and a large jaw separated into two parts. He has many sharp teeth filling his mouth. He has a red and purple vertically striped with a matching propeller hat, and auburn-brown hair. He has white eyeballs with red irises and black pupils. He has short blue legs, meant to be pants, and brown shoes. He has five long, bony, claw-like fingers on each hand.
Based on the original version of Balloon Boy, Nightmare BB was one of the seven Nightmare Animatronics that was created by William Afton before the event of FNaF 4. Interestingly, these animatronics were created to make William's youngest son scared of the Fredbear/Freddy's animatronics after his only daughter, Elizabeth Afton, died to Circus Baby.
In Help Wanted, a rebuilt version of Nightmare BB was made for The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience along with the other Nightmare Animatronics.
FNaF VR: Help Wanted
Nightmare Balloon Boy appears in the second Dark Rooms level. He functions very similarly to Plushtrap, running around the hallway and progressing toward the player. Turning on the flashlight will cause Nightmare BB to either flop onto the ground or duck into the nearest doorway. The player must stop Nightmare BB on the X in front of them before the timer runs out. Failure to keep Nightmare BB at bay or stop him on the X before the timer runs out will end the player's run with a jumpscare.
FNaF VR: Help Wanted
- Like in Five Nights at Freddy's 4, Nightmare BB will say "Hi", "Hello?" and laugh in a deep version of his FNaF 2 voice while attacking the player.
- It is interesting to note that in Five Nights at Freddy's 4 and Ultimate Custom Night, Nightmare BB did not have segmented fingers, unlike Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted, where his hands appear more bone-like.
- Nightmare BB's pupils have also changed, now black instead of white.
- In the "Trick or Treat" level from the Spooky Mansion game mode for the Curse of Dreadbear DLC, Nightmare Balloon Boy's jumpscare will trigger if the player fails to wear the corresponding mask as the original Balloon Boy opens the door.
- This is likely due to the fact that Balloon Boy does not have a jumpscare in that game.