Not what you're looking for? Try looking at Freddy Fazbear/Disambiguation.
Nightmare Fredbear is the main antagonist of Five Nights at Freddy's 4 and is a returning character in Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted. He is a nightmarish incarnation of Fredbear/Golden Freddy.
Nightmare Fredbear is a large, yellow animatronic bear with an enormous head and a fat torso. He has a darker yellow-brown color on his belly and in his ears, as well as dark splotches around his nose, shoulders, hips, head, and around his upper fingers. His head is large, with chubby cheeks, and and a large jaw. He has two relatively small, metallic eyes with glowing red irises and beady black pupils set into his wide eye sockets. His suit is extremely withered, rips and tears scattered all along his body. He wears a small purple top hat on top of his head with a black stripe above its brim. His large mouth is full of long, sharp teeth with grayish gums.
His torso is round, with a dark, round circle on his belly that extends to his hip piece. He has two silvery buttons beneath his purple bow tie. At the end of his torso is another set of sharp teeth. His legs are withered. His feet would have four toes each if they were not damaged. He has five fingers on each hand with long, silver claws at the end of each finger.
Based on the original version of Golden Freddy, Nightmare Fredbear was one of the seven Nightmare Animatronics that appeared in Five Nights at Freddy's 4. Their background history are currently still a mystery.
In Help Wanted, Nightmare Fredbear made its appearance in The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience along with the other Nightmare Animatronics.
FNaF VR: Help Wanted
Nightmare Fredbear appears in the last Night Terrors level. The gameplay is closely similar to Funtime Freddy's and Nightmarionne's levels, and nearly identical to night five of Five Nights at Freddy's 4. If Nightmare Fredbear is at the doors or the closet, then the player must hold the doors shut on him to repel him. If he is on the bed, the player must shine their flashlight at him until he disappears.
FNaF VR: Help Wanted
- In the Help Wanted trailer, Nightmare Fredbear has the same colors as Nightmare Freddy.
- The reason behind this is because the gameplay shown in the trailer is said to be a beta test which implies that the model featured in the trailer is not finalized.
- However, as seen in the new teasers on the Steam and PlayStation page images, Nightmare Fredbear seems to be in his original model.
- The jumpscare sound that plays for him in the Help Wanted trailer is Plushtrap's jumpscare sound.
- Again, this is because the gameplay shown in the trailer is said to be a beta test, which implies using placeholders like so.
- In Ennard's hardmode Vent Repair level, Nightmare Fredbear's head can be seen mounted on the wall. One of the collectable tapes can be seen sitting inside of his mouth.
- Nightmare Fredbear is the only incarnation of Golden Freddy/Fredbear to appear in Help Wanted.
- Nightmare Fredbear is one of two nightmare animatronics in VR that doesn't appear in the Curse of Dreadbear DLC.
- For unknown reasons, the display image Nightmare Fredbear's action figure icon at the Prize Counter is his beta model.