Not what you're looking for? Try looking at Marionette/Disambiguation.
|“||This t-time, death cannot save you-u.||”|
— One of Nightmarionne's quotes.
Nightmarionne is the final antagonist exclusive to Five Nights at Freddy's 4: Halloween Edition, who returns in Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted.
Nightmarionne is a tall, gangly black puppet animatronic with a white mask. Its eye sockets each hold a glowing white pupil, and have black tears running down its face to its mouth. It has black lipstick, and many small, sharp teeth in its mouth. Its body is thin, almost appearing bony in some places. It has short arms with three long, tentacle-like fingers coming from each hand with white stripes on each finger. Its chest has small, riblike protrusion coming from its chest, and an extremely thin stomach. From its small waist it has two long, thin, twisted and knotted legs that end in a point.
While Nightmarionne made its debut in the Halloween Edition of Five Nights at Freddy's 4, his appearance in the game is deemed as non-canon to the story of the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise.
In Help Wanted, Nightmarionne made it appearance in The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience along with other Nightmare Animatronics.
FNaF VR: Help Wanted
Nightmarionne returns in the second Night Terrors level. It will approach from either the hallways, and its finger-tentacles will squirm out from the closet, hole in the ceiling, and under the bed. The player must fend Nightmarionne off at the doors while frequently using their light to repel the finger-tentacles. Failure to do either will result in a jumpscare from Nightmarionne, ending the run.
- Nightmarionne is the only Nightmare Animatronic to possess only one set of teeth.
- Although Nightmare Chica's cupcake shares this feature, it is technically not its own separate animatronic.
- Strangely, Nightmarionne's name appears to be a portmanteau of the word "nightmare" and "marionne". It is unknown why the animatronic was given this name instead of "Nightmarionette", which would be a portmanteau of "nightmare" and "marionette".
- It is possible that this was simply a typo on Scott's part, or perhaps that the text simply got cut off.
- in the name and the spelling of it comes into play here: The French for "Puppet" is "Marionnette" with two Ns, and (as French is a gendered language) feminine. A masculine equivalent, if it had one, would likely be "Marionne". This is furthered by the voice it eventually receives: where its "real" counterpart has the high and feminine voice of a little girl, it is given a deep, vaguely masculine voice.
- This could also have been done to give Nightmarionne a more unique name.
- Nightmarionne appears in the code for FNaF AR, hinting at his arrival.
FNaF VR: Help Wanted
- FNaF VR marks Nightmarionne's first canonical appearance.
- It is also the first game in which Nightmarionne has a fully animated jumpscare
- Nightmarionne's voice lines in the Help Wanted are reused from Ultimate Custom Night.
- Before Curse of Dreadbear, Nightmarionne was the only character in Help Wanted who had their lines reused from Ultimate Custom Night.
- Nightmarionne is one of two Nightmare Animatronics that doesn't appear in the Curse of Dreadbear DLC.