Scott Cawthon is an indie video game developer who is best known for creating the Five Nights at Freddy's series. He was the voice actor for Phone Guy in Five Nights at Freddy's 1-3 and Ultimate Custom Night as well as Phone Dude in Five Nights at Freddy's 3.
Scott Cawthon (born July 26, 1971) is a 49-year old American independent video game developer, animator and writer who's best known for his creation & evolution of the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise. He has created other games and animations such as Chipper & Son's Lumber Co., There is No Pause Button!, Rage Quit, The Pilgrim's Progress, and many more.
While he is a game designer by "trade", he is first and foremost a storyteller at heart. He was a graduate of The Art Institute of Houston and now lives in Texas with his wife and four (maybe five) sons.
Five Nights at Freddy's Franchise
- Five Nights at Freddy's
- Five Nights at Freddy's 2
- Five Nights at Freddy's 3
- Five Nights at Freddy's 4
- FNaF World
- Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location
- Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator
- Ultimate Custom Night
- Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted (With the assistance of Steel Wool Studios)
- Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery (With the assistance of Illumix)
- Freddy In Space 2
- Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach (With the assistance of Steel Wool Studios)
- Security Breach: Fury's Rage
- AAA Game (Planned, with the assistance of Universal)
- Five Nights at Freddy's: Into Madness (Upcoming)
With the help of Kira Breed-Wrisley and other authors and illustrators, Scott has written a few novels and stories for the Five Nights at Freddy's series.
- Five Nights at Freddy's: The Silver Eyes (Original & graphic novel)
- Five Nights at Freddy's: The Twisted Ones (Original & graphic novel)
- Five Nights at Freddy's: The Fourth Closet
- Five Nights at Freddy's: Fazbear Frights series (In progress, 12 books)
Scott has also written a few non-fictional books in collaboration with Scholastic. These includes:
- Five Nights at Freddy's: The Freddy Files (Original, Updated & Ultimate Editions)
- Five Nights at Freddy's: Survival Logbook
Appearance In Games
FNaF VR: Help Wanted
A picture of Scott appears in the introductory portion of Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted, representing the "rogue indie developer" who supposedly released games that tarnished Fazbear Entertainment, but according to Tape Girl, Fazbear Entertainment had hired the developer all along as part of a coverup.
Scott confirmed on Reddit that while his photo is used for the indie developer, he is not intended to be Scott.
Freddy In Space 2
There are a few characters in Freddy In Space 2 that represents Scott Cawthon, these being L.O.L.Z.H.A.X, Animdude: The Revenge, and S. Cotton. L.O.L.Z.H.A.X's name is a reference to Scott's old account that he used to post troll games, "lolz_hax".
Animdude: The Revenge is based on Scott's avatar, and his name is based on Scott's username on several social medias. S. Cotton is based on his appearance in Help Wanted and the final boss to the original Freddy in Space from FNaF World. The name of the character is based on Scott's favorite misspelling of his name, "Sock Cotton".
Security Breach: Fury's Rage
Scott Cawthon plays a vital role in the plot of Fury's Rage, as the story is about him making a game out of fear of the fans burning his house down when hearing Security Breach would be delayed to late 2021. He takes place in both the intro cutscene and the secret ending cutscene, as well as being a spawnable ally in the form of his usual persona, Animdude.
- The first game he worked with someone other than Leon Riskin was FNaF World.
- The second was Sister Location, the third was Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator, and so on.
- Scott is the voice actor for both Phone Guy and Phone Dude.
- While most games have him as Animdude or a head in a jar, Security Breach: Fury's Rage is the first game to have Scott in the game as himself.
- This is mostly due to the story of the game itself.
- Scott's website
- Scott's Reddit account
- Scott's Steam account
- Scott's IndieDB account
- Scott's Game Jolt account
- Scott's Youtube account