Not what you're looking for? Try looking at Bonnie/Disambiguation.
|“||I will make you suffer. Suffer like so many of the others!||”|
— Springtrap in FNaF AR: Special Delivery
Springtrap, previously known as Spring Bonnie, is the main antagonist of Five Nights at Freddy's 3 and the withered form of Spring Bonnie. He is possessed by William Afton, the main antagonist of the series. He appears in Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted and Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery.
Springtrap is a tattered, formerly yellow springlock animatronic rabbit with olive green tints, notably on his stomach and ear insides. Like with the Withered Animatronics from FNaF 2, Springtrap appears to be in heavy disrepair, evident by the multiple tears throughout his body and wires poking out of his arms and legs. He has one black button on his chest. Furthermore, Springtrap contains several pieces of human innards wrapped around his body. Upon close inspection, it is revealed that Springtrap is holding the corpse of William Afton, the man responsible for the Missing Children Incident.
His appearance has been changed and simplified from his depiction from Five Nights at Freddy's 3 in Help Wanted due to the limitations of the game. His depiction in Special Delivery is more accurate to his original depiction.
Before FNaF 3
Springtrap was originally a Spring Bonnie suit that doubled as both an animatronic and a costume suit. It was used along with another similar suit called Fredbear in the Fredbear's Family Diner.
After Fredbear's Family Diner is closed down due to a certain accident, the restaurant chain renamed itself to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, and stopped using Fredbear and Spring Bonnie due to them being very dangerous to use because of its faulty springlocks. The suits are kept in the safe room in the restaurant that no one is allowed to access.
As shown in the FNaF 3 minigames, William Afton who had found out there are souls trapped in the animatronics, came back to the pizzeria that has been closed down to destroy Freddy Fazbear, Bonnie, Chica and Foxy. The souls were freed from the animatronics, and cornered William Afton into the safe room. Trying to protect himself, William put himself into the Spring Bonnie suit. However, as the room was wet due to rain drops, the faulty springlocks in the suit started to malfunction and snapped, severely impaling William and killed him, becoming the now-known-as Springtrap.
During and After FNaF 3
30 years after the FNaF 1's Freddy Fazbear's Pizza closed down, a new horror attraction called Fazbear's Fright was built as an homage to The Missing Children Incident and other incidents that made Freddy Fazbear's Pizza infamous for being haunted. After Night 1 and before Night 2 in FNaF 3, the employees of Fazbear's Fright found Springtrap in the FNaF 1's pizzeria. Thinking it was a real animatronic, they brought him into Fazbear's Fright. Springtrap came back alive from death.
Several nights later, the player in FNaF 3 burned down Fazbear's Fright as a attempt to release William's soul. It was initially unknown what happened to Springtrap when Fazbear's Fright burned down, though it was mentioned that anything that survived the fire was auctioned off and sold. After the completion of Night 6, if one brightens the newspaper regarding the burning of Fazbears Fright, an image of Springtrap's head can be seen from the Freddy figurine photo at the right side.
However, as shown in the ending cutscene of Sister Location Custom Night and the plan has failed as Springtrap survived from the fire it was still unknown what ultimately became of him. His ultimate fate was finally revealed in Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator. Through unknown means, he left the remains of Fazbear's Fright and eventually ended up in the Back Alley outside Freddy Fazbear's Pizza Place. He was salvaged and ultimately destroyed in the burning of the pizzeria, as part of his old friend Cassette Man's ultimate plan.
Springtrap also makes an appearance in The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience.
FNaF VR: Help Wanted
Five Nights at Freddy's 3
Springtrap appears in the Five Nights at Freddy's 3 gameplay section. He makes his way through the building toward the office along with the other Phantoms. In order to lure him away, the player must press the button playing a child's voice. He will also attempt to crawl through the vents as a shortcut. If the players fails to lure him away, or seal certain vents he attempts to crawl through, he will jumpscare the player, ending the night.
Vent Repair - Ennard (Hardmode)
In Ennard's hardmode Vent Repair level, Springtrap appears briefly in a part of Ennard's Hard Mode vent repair section, crawling toward the player and jumpscaring them if they fail to press the buttons in the correct order in a timely fashion.
Springtrap appears briefly in the Hard Mode of Night Terrors, Pizza Party. He only shows up when the player is in the hallway around the FNaF 3 office. He appears in the office a little while after the player enters the room and stays, and will come out of the office and attack the player if the they stays for too long.
FNaF AR: Special Delivery
Springtrap will haywire very frequently. This can lead to a Haywire Chain, where Springtrap can haywire up to 5 times back to back. To avoid a jumpscare, the player must stare at him when his eyes are white, then look away when they turn red.
Springtrap will taunt the player throughout his attack, occasionally fake-charging. When Springtrap materializes during his charge, the player must quickly shock him or they will be jumpscared. It is also possible to obtain a Springtrap plushsuit, which can be placed on an endoskeleton and said endoskeleton can then be sent to salvage for parts, or to attack other players with Springtrap's appearance.
Toxic Springtrap is the second skin in the Wasteland Event on FNaF AR. He is also the first skin for Springtrap in the game.
AppearanceToxic Springtrap has a repulsive appearance, covered in pale tumor-like warts, tentacle-like veins, some moldy skin patches, and exude gassy fumes. The infectious-looking traits, including his corpse, were shaded with purple and indigo tints as a possible reminiscent to the iconic color of his human form's minigame appearance.
Flaming Springtrap is Springtrap's second skin and the fourth and final skin of the Sizzling Summer Event.
AppearanceFlaming Springtrap is a coal colored Springtrap with dark orange highlights. He features a glowing orange endoskeleton and flames spouting out from all of his tears. His hands glow a bright orange that slowly fades back into the normal coloration. His eyes are colored a bright glowing red with white pupils. Upon closer inspection of the in-game model, he has no upper teeth
Clown Springtrap is Springtrap's third skin and the third skin to be introduced in the Dark Circus Event.
AppearanceClown Springtrap has a pale white suit with blue and purple makeup above his eyes. He has messy purple hair coming out of his head and large red lipstick as well. Clown Springtrap's body is mostly covered by a large suit, with ripped up black pants and a black shirt, along with a red and purple vest. He features large red clown shoes along with a large red bowtie and flower on his chest. His right eyelid has also been stitched up. Finally, he carries around a very large red mallet in his left hand.
Curse is an aztec themed skin for Springtrap. He is Springtrap's 4th skin in FNaF AR and was released on March 5th in the Ancient Equinox event.
AppearanceCurse is a teal colored Springtrap dressed to look like an ancient Aztec Warrior. He wears a large feathered crown and a golden chest plate. His hands are colored orange with sharp black claws, and in one of them he holds a large golden shield. Finally, he is decorated head to two in large feathers.
FNaF VR: Help Wanted
- For unknown reasons, Springtrap's right ear is flipped backwards in Help Wanted.
- This was most likely a mistake in the model.
- Springtrap for an unknown reason is missing the wires that normally hang from his shins.
- Springtrap in Ennard's Hardmode Vent Repair level looks to be a more orangish color than his normal green.
- It is hard to see this however due to the lighting making him look mostly dark purple.
- Many people believed this to be another hard mode variant similar to that of Shadow Mangle or Neon Bonnie, however when removing the lighting in the level, it can be seen that "Virtualtrap" does not actually exist, and is in fact, just Springtrap.
- The name of "Virtualtrap" comes from some assets used in Pizza Party.
- His strange coloration is caused by the model's texture nodes and UE lighting making him look more orange with purple accents.
- Springtrap is one of two characters to only appear in Pizza Party mode in the mobile version of Help Wanted.
- The other is Ennard.
FNaF AR: Special Delivery
- William's 8-bit sprite version from FNaF 2 appeared in the launch trailer of the game for only a split second.
- For unknown reason, some of the voice lines from Springtrap in Special Delivery are strangely similar to Nightmare Fredbear's lines in Ultimate Custom Night.
- Unlike in Five Nights at Freddy's 3, Springtrap's corpse jaw in Special Delivery is more realistic, with an appearance like a stretchy rubber.
- As confirmed by a live stream back in 2019, Springtrap's sound effects were made using raw beef.
- As confirmed by some emails, it is seen that the Springtrap in AR is not the real William Afton.
- This of course, was no surprise, as the original William died in Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator.
- Toxic Springtrap's icon uses an edited version of Plushtrap's icon, instead of Springtrap's.
- Flaming Springtrap uses Springtrap's however.
- Strangely, Flaming Springtrap is the only skin to have a different defeat and jumpscare animation.
- Springtrap is the first character to receive three skins.
- Said skin is Clown Springtrap.
- He is also the first character to receive four skins.
- Said skin is Curse.
- Clown Springtrap is the first skin to have a completely unique model.
- Flaming Springtrap, along with Chocolate Bonnie, does not appear in the daily reward icon for the Mashup event.
- During the Spring Spree mini event, Curse gained a custom teaser showcasing a mugshot of him in front of a teal background. The mugshot however, shows that Curse wasn't posed at all, and it is a simple render of him t-posing.