The update history for Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted is a list of updates added to the game over time.
"Adding DRM to patch an exploit" was the only thing done in this patch.
Patch 2 (5 June 2019)
This patch has fixed several bugs in the game, as well as some changes.
- Fixed a potential crash when obtaining the final Trophy.
- Fixed an issue where you could lose your hands and crash when eating items or throwing them in the garbage.
- Fixed issues with Freddy and Foxy at the door on the FNAF 1 Night 5 level.
- Office cameras update every frame.
- All prizes can be won on any minigame now.
- Fake coin removed in the Circus Baby level.
- Fixed an issue where coin prizes wouldn't unlock until you had one more than the required amount.
Patch 3 (22 June 2019)
Bugs fixed and changes done in this patch are listed out by Steel Wool Studios.
- Improved performance and reduced memory usage of cameras in FNAF 1, 2 and 3 for Oculus.
- Fixed possible crash when attempting to put on the Freddy mask in FNAF 2 levels.
- Fixed several animatronics still attacking after 6 AM.
- Fixed issue with 8 ball falling through the floor.
- Fixed 6 AM display screen for Night Terror levels and Plush Baby.
- Fixed issue with screen going black and not being able to use the flashlight when holding the door shut in Night Terror levels.
- Fixed possible instant jumpscare in Funtime Foxy Nightmare Mode.
- Fixed an issue in Mangle interacting with levers too quickly.
- Fixed possibility of throwing pizza in the trash resulting in failure on Repair Chica.
- Fixed an issue with the cupcake never reappearing in Repair Chica.
- Added player height adjustment using left stick on Oculus and left touchpad on Vive.
- Subtitles are stopped when audio is skipped in Mangle and Ennard levels.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Freddy mask to get stuck on the player's head.
- Funtime Foxy will no longer clip through the wall.
- In FNAF 1 through 3 the phone can now properly be muted.
- In FNAF 1 Foxy will no longer attack after power outage.
In this patch, they also secretly changed the image appeared on the TV screen in Prize Counter once the player presses the button in the basket of Exotic Butter. An image of Lolbit with the text of "Please Stand By." now replaces the endoskeleton picture taken by Scott.
Language Support Patch (10 July 2019)
As the title said, this patch added subtitles in the following languages: Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, French, German, Russian, Arabic, and Polish.
They also changed the image on the TV screen in Prize Counter that appeared when the player presses the button in the basket of Exotic Butter once again. They had replaced it with the image of the Withered Animatronics, teasing the Withereds Update that happened some time later.
The Withereds UpdateAn additional hard mode challenge with the Withered Animatronics is added in the FNaF 2 challenge. Different difficulties can be chosen in this specific challenge: Easy, normal, and danger. The Withered Animatronics will be active along with the Toy Animatronics. As the Withereds Update has been done, Steel Wool had replaced the teaser on the TV screen once again. This time, they replaced it with an image that seems to be a hand coming out from the grave. Some people speculated that this is teasing a Halloween Update, and is also teasing the return of Scraptrap from Pizzeria Simulator. However, when the first trailer of Curse of Dreadbear DLC, it is said that the teaser came from a frame of the trailer.
Flat Mode UpdateOn December 18th, the game is majorly updated with a flat mode. This mode allows the player to play the game without using the VR headset. In this update, the Pizza Party level is updated too, with a new secret area added into the final part of the level, teasing the new 2020 game by Steel Wool. The Pirate Ride has also been updated with two new areas to access, both being the Boiler Room.
The update history for Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery is a list of updates added to the game over time.
Note: The updates that only introduced events will not be listed here. For event updates please go to Events.
This update has officially launched the game from early access on 16th November 2019. This update has included some bug fixes as well:
- Fixed an issue where animatronics got lost and were not being recalled properly.
- Fixed an issue where players were going for a long time without receiving any animatronics.
- Improved inbox message management to reduce chances of crashing.
Friend Code Update
This update is implemented on December 10th. The update is mainly to bring the new feature - friend code to the game. Some bugs are fixed as well alongside the new feature.
On December 20th, a few days before Christmas, the game was updated with new content and bug fixes. The game was Christmas-themed, and Toy Chica is added into the game.
- The player can now encounter a new animatronic, Toy Chica.
- The player has the opportunity to get gift and goodies every few hours.
- The map is filled with snow to go along with the Christmas theme.
- The player is now able to rotate your animatronics within the Workshop.
- The player's animatronics now benefit from up to 100,000 Remnant.
- Remnant spawns have been adjusted to assist with clarity. It will be easier to determine which Remnant is more valuable.
- Animatronic repair costs have been significantly reduced so that the player should almost always see at least a little bit of Parts profit by sending animatronics out, even if the player is not defeating animatronics in camera mode.
January 2020 Update
On January 15th 2020, Illumix pushed out their first update for 2020. The update was mostly bug-fixing, but there are some new changes to the inbox system. The player can now sort out the E-Mails received by New, Story, Notifications, Fazbear, and All.
To go along with the Valentine event, an update was pushed out on February 6 as well. They added Toy Freddy in the game (he wasn't available until the day after the update, however), and had added some new features as well.
- The player can now encounter the previously event-exclusive Toy Chica normally.
- The player can earn Faz-Coins by watching ads, 10 coins are given with each ad.
- Freddy's nose in the Shop section can be honked.
- Bugs causing undelivered rewards are being fixed.
- Presents in the later event will a broader range of gifts.
An event featuring Mangle was started on March 6, 2020. And to go along with the event, an update was pushed out earlier. Alongside the event, some new features are implemented as well:
- New Daily Challenges.
- New Push-Notification functionality (for turning on).
- You can buy devices straight from the Device Screen.
- Remnant acquired through the Gift Box now count towards Remnant Milestones.
- Salvage rewards are now batched together, if the player has multiple animatronics salvaging, they will only get one message per salvaging period with their combined discoveries.
Some bugs are fixed/addressed in the update too:
- Addressing errors from the workshop (broken animatronics still salvaging, etc).
- Fixed more 'Out of Order' issues (rewards not given).
- Addressing Balloon Boy's stalking time.
- Addressing higher-than-normal Crash Rates on some devices.
The Easter Update was pushed out on April 8th, adding several features as well as removing some bugs. There is also a new skin of Bonnie being added which started appearing a few days later.
- New features have been added to the salvaging mechanic. Some of the big changes include:
- Being able to set a timer for how long will animatronic take to salvage for.
- Getting an automatic notification when it returns.
- Removing the Salvage emails so that the inbox is less cluttered.
- Everything the animatronics find is rewarded in the workshop when they return - retrieve it by tapping the gift box.
- A notification will be received saying which friend has sent the player an animatronic.
- The player now have the option to swap out one of the three daily challenges for another every day.
- More “Out-of-Order” bugs is fixed (rewards not given) so that it should happen with less frequency.
Arcade Mayhem Updates
Several updates were pushed out on May 2020 in associate with the Arcade Mayhem Event. Four skins were introduced in their own updates, including VR Toy Freddy skin on May 8th, Highscore Toy Chica skin on May 15th, System Error Toy Bonnie on May 22nd, and lastly 8-Bit Baby as a standalone character on May 28th. On May 14th, a small update is pushed out as well:
- The workshop is updated with a whole new skins system to keep things organized.
- Bugs fixing and optimizations to keep everything running smoothly.
- A fix for the missing Bare Endo slot issue has deployed.
- Addressing the duplicate/broken slots issue that many are experiencing.
Scorching Chica Update
- Fix for no animatronics spawning on map.
- Fix for lures that didn't seem to work.
- Fix for animatronics sent by friends not appearing.
- If you used lures awhile ago, they're still active, they were just stuck in a queue.
2020 October Update
On October 7th 2020, a new update came to FNaF AR, bringing brand new features and bug fixes. The update came out just two days before the Halloween Event. The patch note is as followed:
- This update has both given the map a higher level of interactivity, and you as the player a lot more flexibility with your play style across FNAF AR. We know some of you are workshop fiends, some, dedicated remnant collectors, and still others of you do constant battle with animatronics. There are also those of you who are an awesome mix of all of the above!
- You’ll now see lots of blue question marks scattered across the map--which represent the wide range of special deliveries available to you if you tap on them, including animatronic encounters, remnant collection, and reward pick-ups.
- Animatronic encounters have been updated with a brand new scanning function that allows you to get up close and personal with different animatronics on the map before battling them. Each animatronic has a perception and aggression meter--and it will be up to you to receive your special delivery or make a quick escape...if you can...
- Remnant can still be collected as usual when you discover a remnant deposit on the map.
- Rewards now come in a delightful Fazbear Entertainment balloon parcel--pop them to receive your rewards! You’ll also be able to discover them from time to time on the map when you’re exploring the blue question marks.
- Friend-sent animatronics and lures will appear on the map as they did previously.
Catrina Toy Chica Mini Update
Along with the arrival of a new skin, Catrina Toy Chica, Illumix reported on some small bug fixes.
- Restoring the missing Endoskeleton Slot to players who purchased the Funtime Starter Pack a while ago.
- Solving the visual store bug where people who bought the mini-packs in the store might see those packs reappear again.
- Also, adjusting the store so that players who already own certain plush suits, CPUs, or profile icons will no longer see the mini packs, skin packs, party packs, or profile packs available for purchase in store.
- Resolving the Halloween Event Rewards lure display bug
- Resolving highest reported crash bug on iOS--and continuing work on stomping out other crash bugs that pop up
Golden Freddy Update
Along with the Community Quest character, Golden Freddy, a large update came to FNaF AR adding the following features and announcements:
- Golden Freddy is here to visit Winter Wonderland! We added him to this update as quickly as possible after everyone completed the community quest. The event tokens you’ve earned can be exchanged for his plush suit and CPU--quite a few of you have already gathered enough tokens to get these immediately!
- The first version of Fazbear’s Photo Booth has arrived--trade in your tokens to open it up and start taking pictures. Look forward to the many more features that’ll come with updated versions of the photo booth! 📸
- Get in the holiday mood with seasonal profile icons that can be redeemed with event tokens in the store.
- More bug fixes and optimizations for the game.
- One last skin will round out the Winter Wonderland event next week, and a few old friends will also be returning for a brief time!
Heart Stoppers Mini Update
The Big Spring Gameplay Update
The Big Gameplay Update was announced in March of 2021, and initially planned for April. The update wasn't finished yet however, and ended up getting a small update on April 30th with Illumix explaining that it would be "coming soon" and that they were almost done.
The update finally released on May 18th, 2021. With it came the additions of:
- A new gameplay UI.
- A new type of prize balloons.
- An EXP leveling system.
- The system would grant the user prizes based off their level. All players began at level 1 when the update came out.
- Streaks reworked to give EXP.
- Health Bars for animatronics.
- The introduction of player buffs.
- New leaderboards.
- All characters can now have Plushtrap's CPU.
- Attack and Durability stats for animatronic encounters.
- The announcement and teaser of a skin event the same week.
The update came along with quite a few bugs, and Illumix later addressed that they'd fix them in the future.
Upcoming Fall 2021 Update
On July 15th, 2021, Illumix confirmed a large update coming in Fall of 2021 that would include;
-Dynamic asset loading to reduce crashes - Apple account sync to help you recover your accounts - Lengthy encounter fix - Event reward fixes - Battery fixes for Plushtrap encounters - Golden Freddy noise meter fix - Animatronic remnant assignment fix - Updates to localized text for our players worldwide -"And Many More!"Illumix also confirmed a Blast from the Past event would be coming, as well as many more characters, an alternative to the microtransactions and more Mixed Reality gamemodes. This update would act as a sort've "DLC Expansion Pack" to the base game, and it is unclear if it's a limited time offer or an offer that will stay standing through AR's lifespan.
|"Oh no, this article is not in best condition. This is not good. An improvement may be helpful."|
As an editor of the wiki, do your part by adding confirmed and accurate information. Remove this notice once it hits a thousand bytes. Please help the Triple A Fazbear Wiki by expanding it.
iOS & Android
- Options screen which includes aspect ratio toggle
- Improved audio support
- Various fixes and improvements
iOS & Android
- New options
- New Toy Bonnie action figure for your desk (New and Shiny challenge reward)
- Improved panning method
- Improved Customize Night screen
- Improved virtual gamepad
- Improved audio support
- Fixed the issue that allowed Foxy to be active when his AI was set to zero
- The app can now switch from one landscape orientation to the other
- Various Fixed and improvements
- Fixed - Volume is overall low in app
- Fixed - Missing Honk
- Fixed - Delayed Jumpscares
- Fixed - Framerate issues
- Fixed - UI graphical issue
- Fixed - Flashlight working improperly
- Fixed - Access 20/20/20/20
- Fixed - Other misc issues
- Adding an option to change the speed of the cursor control for both analogs.
- Revamping certain parts of the Custom Night control scheme.
- Add quick camera pan shortcuts to D-Pad.
- Fixed issues with liability stagnation.
- Fixed unlimited money exploit.
- Added more d-pad controls throughout the game.
- Restored some missing sounds on Switch.
- Fixed Candy Cadet.
- Fixed Mediocre achievement on Xbox One.
- Fixed unlimited playtests exploit.
|General||Achievements • Battery • Cameras • Exotic Butters • Faz Tokens • Flashlight • Freddy Fazbear Mask • Shocker|
|Help Wanted||Prize Counter • Tapes • The Gallery|
|Special Delivery||The Shop • E-Mails • Events • Parts • Remnant • Skins • Player Profile • Workshop • Noise Meter • Photo Booth Mode • XP • Animatronic Encounters|
|Freddy in Space 2||Gems • Power-Ups • Trophies|
|Other||Beta Content • Easter Eggs • Endings • Fazbear Funtime Service • Teasers • The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience • Unused Features • Update Histories|