|" Oh no, it looks like the page has picked up some unwanted texts."|
As an editor of the wiki, note that this is a speculative page. Speculation can be denied once leaving the page. Please help the Triple A Fazbear Wiki by expanding it.
|“||Yes, I hear you. I know... No. There’s no miscommunication... I understand... Yes, I have it. I made it myself. I think you would like it... No, no one suspects anything... Don’t worry, I’ll be ready, and I won’t let you down. It will be fun.||”|
— Vanny speaking when wearing the mask and holding the Glitchtrap plush
Vanny, otherwise known as the Reluctant Follower, is a human who follows the orders of Glitchtrap. She is the presumed main protagonist of Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted. She is not seen directly, but is only heard through her mask in the game. She'll also be appearing in Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach, a future early 2021 video game that's being developed by Steel Wool Studios as the main antagonist.
Vanessa appears to have a white complexion with freckles on her face. She has blonde hair, apple green irises, olive pupils, and glossy lips. She appears to be wearing a beige-colored security guard uniform, with darker accented shoulder pads. She also has a dark gray cap and pants.
When she isn't in her guard uniform, she takes on the name of Vanny, and wears a large rabbit suit. The suit is mostly white, but it has patches and stitches all over made of differently colored and patterned fabrics. The suit also has large red eyes that glow in the dark.
Vanny is the presumed main protagonist of Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted. At the end of the original game, Glitchtrap attempts to possess her in order to escape from The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience and into the real world. He partially succeeds, gaining influence over her as a voice in her head. Her voice is only heard through her white mask that is found in the Corn Maze's secret area. By wearing her mask while looking at Glitchtrap's plush form, she tells him that she is preparing everything, that he has told her with no problems, and no one suspected anything about their plans or that he is trapped in the plush. She also tells him that she made her mask for him while hoping that he likes it, and tells him that everything will be ready for the "fun." Despite her words, she sounds fearful of him and hesitant to follow his orders, hence her name "Reluctant Follower."
|The following information contains spoilers. To view them, click the [show] tag.|
In the unused E-Mails, Vanessa was an employee of Fazbear Funtime Service working as a security guard for the company. After she was contacted by one of the game developers from Silver Parasol Games, after they accidentally created a virus from one of animatronics' PCB. She pretended to be a Senior IT Representative from Fazbear Entertainment to trick them into giving her full access to their company to get rid of the virus. After believing that Vanessa got rid of the virus, Silver Parasol started working on the The Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience again, only for for Vanessa to give unauthorized commands to their system, gaining full control over their system. She locked every employee out of their account. It's implied that she got everybody at Silver Parasol's warehouse killed by the animatronics.
After receiving an e-mail from Vanessa's fake credential, "_pizzaplex", it is revealed that Vanessa was researching the company's records of the Fazbear Entertainment Floor 3 employee, and that she transferred from Fazbear Funtime to work as a security guard at Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex.
- Opening the teaser of Glamrock Freddy with Reluctant Follower in the background with notepad reveals the text "Shadow of Vanny." This means that Vanny might be her name.
- Vanny is also considered to be a nickname for Vanessa.
- There is a theory that Vanessa is Vanny's real name.
- Coincidental or not, there is also an email in Special Delivery that was supposed to be sent to a person called Ness, which could also be a shortened form of the name Vanessa.
- They're also implied to be the same person through the emails, which show "Ness" searching disturbing imagery on a company computer, such as torture, realistic human masks, and a blood eagle calendar. It's also noted that she has rainbow extensions in her hair. At one point she searches "how to induce compliance in humans" and "help," implying she's resisting Glitchtrap's influence.
- She is the first guard in the entirety of the franchise to be female.
- She is the first night guard to have their appearance shown.
- All previous guards never had their faces shown.
- As her voices.com description implies, she is likely reluctant to do Glitchtrap's bidding.
- Vanny is the fourth human character in the franchise to have merchandise based on her, the other three being the FNaF's 8-bit Mcfarlane toys of William Afton, Michael Afton/Foxy Bully, and the Crying Child from FNaF 4.
- In her voice actor's demo page on Voices.com, an unused voice line can be found.
|“||I understand. I'll do just as you ask. And yes, I've already selected one.||”|
— The voice line from her demo page.
- In the source code of Scott's website, there is a conversation that seems to be between Glitchtrap and Vanny:
- Stay the course.
- I will.
- Focus on my voice.
- I will.
- Don't let anyone lead you astray.
- I won't.
- Have you selected one?
- I have.
- Vanny's identity was actually confirmed via a figurine showing both her separate appearances in one.
- Before this, it was believed that the guard & Vanny were two separate characters.
- Vanny is the first main antagonist to attack the player that is not an animatronic.